Uniper Trainee Program October 2021 - Asset Operations: Focus on Steam and Biomass (f/m/d)
What awaits you?
As a Graduate in the Trainee Program, you have the opportunity to get to know different divisions and to gain valuable experience. The 18- to 24-month program based in Germany with a combination of pre-defined and flexible stations also includes the opportunity to gather international experience and to work in various business units. The program will give you in-depth insights into our business and help you explore your strengths. You will also have the chance to bring in and enhance your interpersonal and team working skills. Individual mentoring and a buddy from day one will give you the best possible foundation for the next step in your career development at Uniper.
What will you focus on?
- You will develop a deep understanding of Uniper's business, its value drivers and corporate environment
- You will learn from experts from many different fields, bring in your own ideas and work on your own projects in collaboration with various stakeholders
- You will develop your technical, operational and interpersonal skills
- You will support our power plants and the central performance management teams in the implementation of global processes and work collaboratively with different functional units to assure asset optimization, continuous improvements and delivery of business strategies to support Uniper's strategic goals
- You will learn about the challenges, opportunities and further developments of major assets by getting directly involved
- You will gain insights into how we can utilize the infrastructure and expertise of our teams to redevelop assets in the future
What should you bring along?
- A successfully completed degree focusing on Economics, Engineering or Science
- Relevant internships and/or working student placements
- Operational knowledge in a thermal power plant or similar scale assets and/or experience in delivering projects and change programs would be beneficial
- Intercultural experience is crucial, experience abroad is a plus
- Curiosity and openness towards working in an intercultural environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and proactivity to make a difference in our business
- Analytical thinking, pursuit of continuous improvement with a hands-on mentality
- Advanced interpersonal communication skills
- Business fluent in both English and German language (both orally and in writing)
- Two-year contract (> 95% stay within Uniper after the Trainee Program)
- 30 vacation days
- Attractive remuneration from 48.000 € - 55.000 € annual gross salary
- Additional corporate benefits e.g. subsidized job ticket, free parking, free employee gym
- Modern workplace located in the Media Harbour in Düsseldorf
- Work-life balance and flexible working time
- Health care
- Mentoring & individual personal / professional development
- Career network & Events
- Big international and diverse Trainee Community
- Social commitment initiative
We are a global energy company that generates, trades, and markets energy on a large scale. We also procure, store, transport, and supply commodities such as natural gas, LNG, and coal as well as energy-related products.
What is special about our capabilities is that we can provide both technical and commercial expertise at the same time.
We look for innovative solutions and believe in the advantages offered by digitalization. Using our broad portfolio, with elements perfectly complementing each other, we create value for our customers. We offer tailor-made energy solutions and free our customers from having to worry about the complex energy issues they face.
And we do this more simply and better than others. We act responsibly in everything we do. We are a team of doers who achieve their goals with energy and passion.
Uniper means providing tailor-made solutions – for the complex world of energy.