Triple Helix intern - Reviving Agricultural Technical and Vocational Education and Training in Ghana by integrating Farm Institutions (FI’s) in the wider agricultural education system with public agricultural colleges and universities
This internship is approved as a 22 ECTS curricular internship for SBE/Emerging Markets (EM) students.
The project is implemented by a consortium consisting of three public Farm Institutes (F.I.’s); Asuansi Farm Institute, Kwadaso Agricultural College and Sunyani Technical University in collaboration with MSM, In-Holland, Q-point, CINOP, Graafschap College and KNUST. These F.I.’s are critical in providing quality, practical higher education in the agricultural sector in Ghana. The project has the following main objectives:
1) Support the core tasks of the Agricultural TVET/HE organizations, firmly embedded in their environment (in line with Ghanaian/ regional specific labour market needs & aiming at gender inclusiveness. Activities include the establishment of institutional mechanisms for sectoral transformation and collaboration with the private sector, policy development and advocacy, accreditation;
2) Enhance the educational and organizational capacity of the three Farm Institutes. These are currently challenged, as they can’t attract sufficient students while their offer is not in line with the needs of the private sector. Activities include a improving the ICT infrastructure, marketing strategy, curriculum development, development of new modules, entrepreneurship training and training of staff;
3) Enhancing the sustainability of the partnership through a mix of activities, such as: staff exchange, guest lecturing and joint projects, with special attention to implementing projects that contribute to addressing the needs of people from marginalized groups and to realize gender equality;
The intern will have the following tasks:
• Support the project management in strengthening cooperation among educational, private and government stakeholders (triple helix), in particular in the agricultural sector (water-smart horticulture, dairy)
• Work on the development of triple helix platforms and/or Communities of Action & Learning (COLAs)
• Collect and analyse related to challenges and opportunities of triple helix partnerships, sustainable business, and/or inclusivity of youth and marginalized groups
• Facilitate linkages with Dutch (or European) companies and Dutch (or European)-supported projects and initiatives
• Assist in organizing (online) events, in particular those related to triple helix, private sector, youth and marginalized groups.
Timeframe internship: minimum internship period of 616 working hours, which is equivalent to 17 weeks of 40h work per week - maximum of 26 weeks
- Have good writing and analytical skills.
- Able and prepared to operate in remote areas during field visits.
- Good report writing and communication skills required.
- Language skills: Proficient in English
Hoe te solliciteren
The application deadline is Friday 18 September, 10 AM. If necessary, the Internship Office will make a pre-selection before forwarding the application files.