ThinkYoung: Project Assistant (Internship)
At ThinkYoung, interns are autonomous and have a distant follow‐up. This requires a strong proactive attitude and sense of initiative. However, interns have the liberty to propose new ways of doing, and to develop ThinkYoung’s projects. At the same time, polyvalence is required as they might be asked to contribute momentaneously to activities that do not necessarily deal with their original position (see below).
The Project Assistant is in charge of ThinkYoung’s projects implementation, from the beginning to the end. The Project Assistant has a central position and is in interaction with every ThinkYoung department. Consequently, this position requires a high level of responsibility, a result oriented and a can do attitudes, and a flexibility to switch from one task to a completely different one. ThinkYoung’s projects are diverse in terms of topic and size.
Mobilize ThinkYoung’s resources (team and logistic) and external stakeholders for the project implementation;
● Identify and get in contact with potential stakeholders that can be involved in the project (associations, companies, EU bodies);
● Promotional campaign (social medias; website updates; etc…);
● Setting up timelines and deadlines to be respected;
● Organize the whole logistic part of large scale events;
● If the pm shows abilities and good responsible skills, he/she can lead other members of the team;
● Regular reports to the senior manager about the evolution of the project;
● Any kind of tasks related to the project (from very small tasks to public presentation);
Internship at ThinkYoung: 6 months minimum
● Good level of English, knowledge of French and other languages EU is a plus;
● Extrovert/ Outgoing personality;
● Organized and self-motivated working style, pro-active attitude;
● Excellent verbal & written communication skills;
● Ability to work both in a team and independently;
● Good organization, team player, excellent communication skills, sociable;
● Student or recent graduate of business; management; journalism; communication studies;
political sciences or relevant program;
● Computer literate in all main Microsoft Office applications (Literacy in Adobe creative suite software, considered a plus);
● Passionate about EU themes;
● Prior working experience in no‐profit or governing agencies not required, but a plus;
● Interaction with high-caliber external stakeholders;
● Knowledge of the European institutions, including contacts amongst Members of the European Parliament and the European Commission;
● Fundraising skills, including contacts in Public Affairs, Companies, Foundations and other donors;
● Good experience in managing projects;
● Knowledge about European programs and funding mechanisms;
● Project management skills: organization of small and large projects;
● Language skills and intercultural competences due to the multinational environment;
● Work experience in an NGO.
ThinkYoung is a non-profit organization and think-tank focusing on young people. Our main activities are quality research, advocacy and campaign, and projects, events and educational programs.
Hoe te solliciteren
Would you like to work in a dynamic environment? We welcome exceptional talent with a passion to realise the vision and mission of making the world a better place for young people.
Please send your CV and a short motivational/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org