ThinkYoung: Media & Communications Assistant
At ThinkYoung, interns are autonomous and have a distant follow‐up. This requires a strong proactive attitude and sense of initiative. However, interns have the liberty to propose new ways of doing, and to develop ThinkYoung’s projects. At the same time, polyvalence is required as they might be asked to contribute momentaneously to activities that do not necessarily deal with their original position (see below).
We are looking for an enthusiastic Communications Specialist to work on our external and internal communications. You will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company’s behalf. Phenomenal communication and copywriting skills make a strong communications specialist. Experience in corporate communications and project management are important qualities too. Your enthusiasm and positive attitude will help you gain the trust of colleagues and external parties alike.
● Develop effective corporate communication strategies
● Manage internal communications (newsletters)
● Draft content (e.g. press releases) for mass media
● Organize initiatives and plan events or press conferences
● Liaise with media and handle requests for interviews, statements etc.
● Foster relationships with young associations, schools and universities
● Collaborate with journalists to produce copy for articles
● Create social media campaigns contents
● Preparation of documents (press kit/flyers/presentations)
● Update the website
● Demonstrate illustrative skills with rough sketches and work on layouts ready for print/online posts
This internship lasts a minimum of 6 months and has offices in either Brussels or Hong Kong
● Experience in the communications field
● Degree/Interest in Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning, Media Manager, etc.
● Experience in web design and content production
● Experience in copywriting and editing
● Solid understanding of project management principles
● Working knowledge of MS Office
● Excellent communication (oral and written) and presentation skills
● Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
● Fluent/native English. Good knowledge of French and other EU languages is considered a plus
● Good organization, team player, excellent communication skills, sociable;
● Fast-learning self-starter comfortable in a fast-paced international environment;
● Ability to work both in a team and independently;
● Familiar with Microsoft Office tools, Google, and social media
● Contacts with Public Affairs, Media and Companies;
● Language skills and intercultural competences due to the multinational environment;
● Daily contact with our offices around Europe;
● Working in an NGO;
● Knowledge of the European Institutions