Scrum Master – as part of the IT Early Career Program
Role and responsibilities
As part of the two-year IT Graduate program we are looking for several talented early career employees who can land in the role as scrum master. In this program you will develop a deep understanding of working agile within a dynamic and innovative IT environment. Agile is the way to go!
In the role of Scrum Master you will train your team on scrum practices, facilitate scrum events and continuously stimulate your team to improve to become autonomous yet highly aligned. You will be helping your team to reach new heights with regards to predictability, quality and collaboration within the team, but also within the Agile Release Train.
Examples of your responsibilities:
- Facilitates the team in getting the work done
- Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
- Creates transparency and alignment on team speed, quality of deliverables and happiness
- Signals and removes impediments to ensure the Agile team gets the work done
- Facilitates the team into following the technical way of working and ensures quality related to own discipline is secured in the team
- Creates focus in the team by shielding them from external interferences
- Provides analyses of current team rituals, evaluates bottlenecks and advice regarding improvements in team rituals
- Helps the people around the team to understand which interaction with the team is helpful or not
Education and experience
- You completed your bachelor or master education less than 12 months ago and have a maximum of 12 months of relevant working experience. Study background is not relevant, only strong and proven affinity with IT.
- Extracurricular activities are preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong affinity for (new) IT technologies
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and able to work effectively under minimal supervision
- Team building and facilitation, removing roadblocks and knows everything about scrum
- Goal-oriented and proactive
- Fluent in English, both speaking and writing
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
To give you the best possible start at ASML, you combine your daily job with an intensive development program. As you work, you will learn about the latest IT technologies, how we collaborate with our customers, and how everything fits together in our agile way of working.
We offer an extensive personal development program that includes:
- Intensive training and workshop program that contributes to personal development
- Coaching and mentoring support
- Training on ASML (IT) technologies and working with agile and other processes and methods
- A contract of one year at ASML, with the possibility of an indefinite contract after the first year
- A contract with a competitive compensation and benefits package including good salary, 40 days paid leave, 13th month and profit sharing
- Joining the Development program and be part of a group of fresh graduates
- A safe and supportive environment to experiment in and to bring your ideas into practice
Hoe te solliciteren
The deadline for application is January 2, 23:59, 2022. Within one week from the application deadline, we will inform you if your resume has been selected for the first round of the selection process. This consists of a pre-recorded video interview.
If you pass the first application round you will be invited to our selection day. The selection day will probably take place on January 31, 2023.
During this day you will be assessed on different competencies via different activities (e.g. interviews, collaboration game). Based on your performance and your preferences the screening board will decide which candidates best match with the open positions.
You will be informed within a few working days after the selection day if you will receive a job offer and for which job.
If you have any questions, send an email to email@example.com.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.