Are you passionate about justice? Do you want to make justice more user-friendly? Then, the starter’s position in our Measuring Justice Team might be the right challenge for you. The team collects the voices of thousands with the Justice Needs and Satisfaction Survey (JNS) a unique approach towards user-friendly justice. Through the Survey, the team gets to see the state of play that reveals people’s actual legal problems, experiences and access to justice. Adjusted to the specific context of the country it provides in-depth understanding.
The team is looking for an assistant who can support the team in conducting research and completing operational tasks. This position teaches to take on a high level of responsibility, working in an international team and in an environment dedicated to creating meaningful output. All in all, this position might constitute the perfect start of your career.
- Conduct high quality socio-legal research and analysis based on desk research as well as processing of quantitative and qualitative data
- Research topics that support team activities, prepares summaries and statistical overviews
- Write clear and concise pieces of texts on relevant research topics
- Organize and facilitates team meetings
- Provide project management support – planning and keeping track of project activities, reporting progress and results
Our new colleague:
- Has a completed Bachelor/Master degree in International Business and/or Management, Law or Social Sciences (economics, political science, public administration, research) or equivalent
- Has 1-2 years of experience with research and project management
- Has solid research and analytical skills
- Has excellent Excel skills
- Has a clear motivation of supporting our user-friendly justice innovations
- High-level English writing skills(proficient). French (proficient) and Dutch are an advantage
- Knowledge and skills with statistical research and packages such as Stata/SPSS/R
- Is adventorous and interested in travelling to unstable countries
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI, survey CTO or similar is a plus
- Knowledge of Atlas.it or similar is a plus
- Experience with desktop publishing packages such as Adobe InDesign/Microsoft Publisher is an advantage
- Starting date: February 2019
- We are offering a full-time position for an initial period of 7 months
- Part of a dynamic and international team
- Being creative, courageous and collaborative are at the heart of our institution
- Preferably holding EU-citizenship
It is nice that we can make vacuum-cleaners user-friendly, but we think justice is a little bit more urgent.
That’s why we make it affordable, accessible, and easy to understand for everyone.HiiL (The Hague Institute for Innovation of Law) is a social enterprise devoted to user-friendly justice. That means justice that is easy to access, easy to understand, and effective. We will ensure that by 2030, 150 million people will be able to prevent or resolve their most pressing justice problems. We do this by stimulating innovation and scaling what works best. We are friendly rebels focused on concrete improvements in the lives of people. Data and evidence is central in all that we do. HiiL is an equal opportunity, international employer. We are based in The Hague, City of Peace and Justice.
Hoe te solliciteren
Will you join us? Please apply and send us your CV and a short motivation letter to email@example.com