Private Equity Associate
Benelux Succession Capital is a Private Equity Fund set up by Mansour Afshoon. The objective of the fund is to search for, acquire and operate an existing company in the Benelux with an initial enterprise value of €5-30m.
We will be following the Search Fund model that is being promoted by the Harvard and Stanford universities in the US. This model offers an alternative path into entrepreneurship: instead of starting a company from scratch, we will be acquiring an existing company and then managing the company as the CEO.
Benelux Succession Capital is the first fund in the Benelux to apply this innovative model, and we’re looking to bring on board ambitious interns who like to learn about entrepreneurship, search funds and private equity.
We offer an internship with real responsibilities and you’ll be part of the action. You’ll learn on the spot about what it means to be an entrepreneur. You’ll learn about all the processes that Private Equity applies in acquiring companies. And we’ll have great fun in the process!
This opportunity offers a great experience for interns who wish to make a career later in Private Equity or want to set up a search fund of their own.
Benelux Succession Capital is backed by a very strong team of 19 European and American investors including successful entrepreneurs and institutional investors. They will be helping us with their experience and their investments.
Prior to founding Benelux Succession Capital, Mansour worked in the petrochemical industry in places such as the US, Switzerland, Singapore, South Africa and Dubai. He holds an executive MBA, with distinction, from the INSEAD Business School and a Masters in Economics, with distinction, from the Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
For more information about Benelux Succession Capital, please see the website at www.beneluxsuccession.com
- Research and identify attractive industries based on Benelux Succession Capital’s investment criteria
- Identify relevant companies in an industry and set up an email/letter communication programme with business owners
- Research and manage the communication with corporate finance advisers and business brokers
- Review confidential information on potential acquisitions and feed into investment decisions
- Take part in the diligence process leading to an acquisition
- Participation in phone calls with corporate finance advisers and business owners
You’ll have the opportunity to directly work with and learn from our managing director, Mansour
Please get in touch with us with your availability and we’ll advise whether we can accommodate you
Who should apply
We’ll be giving you real responsibilities and you’ll be part our company’s operations. Therefore, the ideal candidates will have the below qualities.
· Motivated by learning and experience
· A team player but also able to work independently
· Strong work ethic
· Analytical skills
· Attention to detail
· Interest in entrepreneurship, private equity, and finance
· General understanding of the search fund model prior to joining – see references below
· Some accounting and financial knowledge is a plus
However, we are always open to great people who can convince us of their qualities, even if you don’t tick the above boxes.
We’ll be speaking Dutch, French and English at work. Good command of Dutch is helpful as our target market is Dutch speaking. We’re also open to English-speaking international interns, especially those who can bring technical IT or due diligence skills. This is a great way to practice your language skills
The internship will start in the summer or academic year of 2021-2022 and will be available for a duration of 24 months. We’re open to interns who wish participate on a voluntary basis or who wish to participate as part of their studies’ mandatory internship program.
We’re looking for the intern to join us on a part time (minimum 16 hours/week) or on a full-time basis (minimum 32 hours/week) either remotely or based in our office in Herent, Belgium.
Hoe te solliciteren
If you are interested then please send us an email with your motivation letter, a copy of your CV, and the duration of your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you on board!
If interested, there are a number of useful resources to help you learn more about search funds:
· Book by Ruback and Yudkoff: HBR guide to buying a small business