Paid Policy and Statistics Intern
- Data collection and management:
The Policy and Statistics Intern will be tasked with collecting statistics from a range of sources, both public and private, and will be assigned to review and clean the EMF-ECBC datasets, ensuring their overall consistency. Moreover, the Intern will liaise with EMF-ECBC members and data suppliers across different statistical exchanges, covering topics such as residential mortgage lending, covered bond funding and housing supply, to name a few. The Intern will support the team in updating and/or maintaining the statistics displayed on the EMF-ECBC websites.
- Report writing and economic updating:
The Policy and Statistics Intern will contribute to the drafting of the main EMF-ECBC reports (i.e., the ECBC Fact Book, EMF Quarterly Review and EMF Hypostat). In particular, the Policy and Statistics Intern will be expected to provide written economic analyses on the basis of the collected data, which will be published regularly. The Intern may also be required to prepare, as appropriate, flash reports for EMF-ECBC managers ahead of meetings, press interviews or other events. Lastly, the Intern will be expected to provide the team with daily economic and market updates.
- Policy monitoring:
The Intern will also support the members of the EMF-ECBC Secretariat directly involved in EU policy monitoring and outreach activities. The incumbent will aid in monitoring the latest EU legislative developments impacting the mortgage credit and covered bond sectors, and report to the policy team and EMF-ECBC managers.
- Holder of a Master’s degree or is in his/her final year of a Master’s degree in Economics/Finance/European Affairs/ International Relations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; fluency in other EU languages is an asset.
- Thorough understanding of the EU legislative process.
- Good understanding of statistics and databases. Candidates should also be able to prepare visual and graphic solutions to represent the relevant data.
- Familiarity with IT tools. Advance knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel will be considered an asset.
Ability to take the initiative and find solutions to problems as they arise.
Ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and deadlines while maintaining a professional approach.
Curious, multitasking, resourceful, proactive and a quick learner.
Ability to work in a young, dynamic group, as well as autonomously.
Commitment to the values and goals of the European Union.
- A competitive trainee salary and other extra-legal benefits (such as meal vouchers).
- A motivating and challenging work environment within an influential European trade association.
- Opportunities to work and develop in an international environment.
- A small and dynamic team.
- Possibility to gain hands-on, practical experience in EU policy and public affairs.
- Unique opportunity to contribute to internationally known publications in the field of European banking and finance.
- Chance to work with European banking associations and credit institutions.
The European Mortgage Federation - European Covered Bond Council (EMF-ECBC) is the voice of the mortgage credit and covered bond industries at European level, and the key industry stakeholder vis-à-vis the European Institutions on all issues relating to mortgage credit on the retail and funding sides of the business.
Hoe te solliciteren
To apply, please send your CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com before 15 May 2023 using the subject line “EMF-ECBC Traineeship”.
For more information, please refer to our website: www.hypo.org