Commercial Graduate Program Switzerland 2019
The objective of the Graduate Program is to help you develop a broad understanding of the company and its diverse activities, and to provide opportunities for you to build your network across a number of areas.
The Graduate program at LDC is a 2-phase process:
Phase 1 - Graduate Trainee for 18-24 months
During this period, you will work within pre-assigned platform/s covering areas on trading, marketing, research, execution, etc. but not necessarily in this order.
Each rotation will cover different aspects of our global operations, including:
- Support to traders
- Initiation to cash-trading
- Initiation to marketing activities
- Initiation to hedging and prop-trading
Rotations are structured around platform needs and availability. Activities associated with each rotation will differ from one platform to another one and as such not all trainees will follow the same rotation program.
At the end of this phase, if job performance is high and there is a business need, you will be confirmed in a permanent role (based in Geneva or elsewhere). LDC provides various career opportunities across EMEA, some of these are office based in Geneva and others are field based, requiring international mobility. Being a global company, we offer the opportunity to meet and work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds in a highly motivating environment. Potential positions could include: Junior Trader, Junior Analyst, Junior Marketer, etc.
Phase 2 - After a Permanent Assignment
Following your move to a permanent role, the company will invest in your development and integration over the next 24 months allowing you to effectively perform and deliver around a defined Career path.
Your application should be in English and consist of your curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and relevant certificates.
NOTE: The application process closes on March 31st, 2019.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree with specialization in agronomy, engineering, finance & economics, business, applied sciences
- Good academic records
- Maximum of a 2-year work experience
- Work experience in a foreign country (outside home country - ideally in a developing region) is strongly favorable
- International mindset and a high degree of mobility both during and after the program
- Strong leadership potential and ambition, team player approach, highly motivated, proven ability to integrate well into different cultures and business settings with strong entrepreneurial /innovative approach to taking initiatives
- Hands-on, business and operational approach
- Able to negotiate and to take decisions
- Maturity, professionalism, humility
- Good Analytical skills, ability to analyze supply, demand and trade flow fundamentals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent or native in English. Conversational proficiency in another language would be a plus (German/ Russian/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ French/ Turkish/ Polish/ Arabic)
- You are able to live and work in the country of your application with no additional VISA sponsorship from LDC
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods. We leverage our global reach and extensive asset network to serve our customers around the world, delivering the right products to the right location, at the right time – safely, responsibly and reliably. Our activities span the entire value chain from farm to fork, across a broad range of business lines (platforms). Since 1851 our portfolio has grown to include Oilseeds, Grains, Freight, Global Markets, Coffee, Cotton, Sugar, Rice, Dairy and Juice. We help feed and clothe some 500 million people every year by originating, processing and transporting approximately 81 million tons of products. Structured as a matrix organization of 6 geographical regions and 10 platforms, Louis Dreyfus Company is active in over 100 countries and employs approximately 17 000 people globally.
Hoe te solliciteren
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply via our website under the Careers section: www.ldc.com
Your application should be in English and consist of your curriculum vitae, a motivation letter and relevant certificates. NOTE: The application process closes on March 31st, 2019.
Only applications received via our website will be considered.