ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Campaigns Intern will support the Netherlands Youth Ambassador project team, helping them to deliver an impactful and diverse program in the Netherlands. The full-time internship will be 4 months in duration, beginning at the end of August and is based in our London office. In this role, you will work with campaigners across Europe, as well as our 30 Youth Ambassadors in the Netherlands. The ideal candidate would have some knowledge of campaigning, media, development and our core policy issues, which include aid, health, education. The Campaigns Intern will report to the Director Netherlands & Italy, but you will work together with the Campaigns and Media Coordinator on a daily basis.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Support the wider team to deliver successful campaigns and an active and effective Youth Ambassador programme;
- Provide general administrative and database support as required;
- Assist with campaign, member engagement and action planning;
- Identify opportunities and support the logistical and creative planning of events and communications;
- Sometimes speak to members of the public or other organisations about ONE;
- Provide translations and support content creation for our social media channels;
- Support with putting our message forward in Dutch media.
- Perform other duties as assigned;
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Passion for creating change is most important, ideally with experience of campaigning;
- Attention to detail, with excellent office skills;
- Ability to work independently (essential) and to be pro-active;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, keeping calm under pressure and solution focused;
- Bring creativity and have bold campaign ideas;
- Ability to work together effectively with people from various cultural backgrounds;
- Proven interest in international development and Africa;
- Good communication skills and excellent command of both Dutch and English (written and spoken);
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment and make good and responsible decisions;
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times.
Fluency in English and Dutch required.
The internship is remunerated by London living wage.
ONE is a global campaigning and advocacy organisation supported by millions of members from around the world who are committed to the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa. We hold world leaders to account for the promises made to the poorest, and we press them to support better policies and aid that is more effective. We also work with leaders in Africa to support greater democracy, accountability and transparency and advocate for increased domestic investments in development so that these resources can be effectively deployed. With HQ in Washington, DC, we operate from North America, Europe and Africa.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work and activities. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about working to end extreme poverty and preventable disease and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application. If you are curious to know more about the internship programme within ONE please see this page.
Hoe te solliciteren
If you are ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease, please submit an application, resume in English, and a cover letter in Dutch (explaining why you are the best person for the job) on our jobs page by 22nd of July 2019. Applications received beyond that point may be reviewed on a rolling basis; we will conclude the search once we have identified a suitable candidate. Candidates that do not provide cover letters will not be considered.