Camp Counselor in France at American Village Camps
American Village Camps seek energetic, creative, initiative-takers who are fluent English speakers & love working with children. We’ve been running English immersion camps in France since 1994! In 2021, we are running camps from April to August.
You would be an English Language Counselor, living at our immersion camps, which are scattered in the countryside across France. You would lead activities & English classes for French children between the ages of 7 & 17 years old. Counselors are responsible for the safety and well-being of the campers under their care.
The average contract length is 6 – 8 weeks. Salary is 1170 euros per month. Meals and housing are paid for by the employer.
We are seeking counselors for the following dates in 2021:
- Spring: 4 – 8 week positions starting in April or May, 2021
- Summer: 4 – 9 week positions starting: June 23rd or June 30th, 2021
- Required experience: camp counseling, childcare, &/or teaching experience. CELTA and TEFL students are also welcome
- Fluent C1 Level English with corresponding certificate OR native speaker of English with a high school diploma from a high school in an Anglophone country
- Correct grammar and spelling on application
- Knowledge of north American or British history and culture, preferably through travel or studies
- 20 years old is the minimum age requirement for foreign counselors
- Clear criminal history
- Must be a European national, or be able to enter Schengen Zone as a tourist (for example: US, Canadians and British are allowed this with a valid passport)
Salary and Perks:
- A salary for all days worked: 1170 Euros / month.
- Shared dorm-style housing with other counselors, bedding included.
- Meals included.
- Free laundry services are available at least once a week.
- Absolutely no application fee to apply to this job.
- All counselors may request a 55€ defrayal of train travel to their village (within France).
- Accident insurance while working for work-related injuries.
- We have multiple camps running simultaneously across France. Nacel pays for any work-related transportation costs if the counselor changes camps.
American Village camps were created for French youth in 1994. Our English-immersion camps create a positive environment where it is fun, natural & necessary to use English. American Village Camps are owned and managed by Nacel France, who promotes learning in France and abroad through active participation, cultural exchange and linguistic immersion.
Hoe te solliciteren
How to Apply:
The application process and application tips are outlined on the American Village recruitment website. A professional reference is required. We advise you to read through our recruitment website before completing the online application.
Access the online application: https://www.job-americanvillage.com/en/application-process