Business Analysis Internship
Whatever your background, if you love gathering massive amounts of data and finding out the exact trend that can be acted upon to reduce cost and/or improve efficiency, reporting, forecasting and building KPI dashboards that will support an entire business in their decision making process, improving accuracy and automating tools and processes to contribute in making your team extremely reliable and efficient; and if you are motivated by results and driven enough to achieve them, Amazon is a great place to be. Because it’s only by coming up with new ideas and challenging the status quo that we can continue to be the most customer-centric company on Earth, we’re all about flexibility: we expect you to adapt quickly to all the changes around you, and we encourage you to try new things.
You will put your analytical and technical skills to test and roll up your sleeves to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our customers. This could include:
· Learning how to partner across multiple teams and geographies
· Developing and executing upon some of the world’s most complex data analyses which will in turn, drive the correct business decisions
· Helping identify process improvement opportunities to build streamlined and scalable solutions
· Partnering with the team to perform deep root cause analyses when facing problems
· Assisting in the development of business cases for new programs and services
· Participating in the development, delivering, maintenance and improvement of performance metrics dashboards
· Becoming part of a team of trusted advisors throughout an entire business unit.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· You are currently working towards a 2+ years university degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Finance, Computer Science, Information Management, Applied Mathematics, Statistics/statistical analysis or other quantitative areas or related fields
· Fluency in Microsoft Excel and basic knowledge in MySQL and/or SQL
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
· You must have the right to work in the country you are applying for
· Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture
· You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices
· The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
· Familiar with Oracle and/or any AWS products (Redshift, EMR, etc.)
· Any additional technical skills such as coding (python, R, Django, etc.), data visualization (Tableau, Qlikview, PowerPivot, Microstrategy) or operations research can be a bonus.
· Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities.
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better.
Amazon.com, Inc. engages in the provision of online retail shopping services. It operates through the following business segments: North America, International, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). The North America segment includes retail sales of consumer products and subscriptions through North America-focused websites such as www.amazon.com and www.amazon.ca.
Hoe te solliciteren
Via our website :