Student employee UM Career Services (9 hours per week)
UM Career Services (part of the Student Services Centre) supports students in two-fold: by supporting students to prepare succesfully for their future job and by helping students with the decisions they have to make in the course of their study. UM Career Services offers a variety of workshops, information,guiding and counselling. Currently, we are looking for multiple student employees for max. 9 hours a week. You are free to plan your hours over the week. However, we expect that you are available at least twice a week. Due to the current corona measurements you will work online but as soon as these measurements allow it, we will start working from our office again.
The main tasks of the student team are:
- providing students with career advice during Quick Career Advice Sessions, Group CV Checks and Walk-in Student Guidance-hours
- managing the UM Vacancy Board and the UM Career Services mailbox
- a variety of tasks for the Wellbeing Movement and Peer Support projects of the UM psychologists, such as organizing events and being in charge of the social media accounts
- promoting the services of UM Career Services during the open days, faculty introduction days and career events
- organizing and participating in the monthly team meetings
The division of the tasks will be discussed and coordinated within the student team in consultations with the team leader.
We are looking for a UM student who:
- works accurately, organizes well and keeps to agreements
- is service-oriented and flexible
- possesses good conversational skills (such as listening, summarizing, asking proceding questions etc.)
- is proactive and takes initiatives
- can collaborate well with other student employees
- express themselves excellently in English and Dutch both in writing and orally
- is available for at least one year
Your wage as student employee at Maastricht University depends on your age. InterUM will arrange the payment.
How to apply
Mail your CV and motivation letter before the 23th of June to email@example.com. An assessment will be part of the application procedure. The assessment will takes place on either the 5th or 6th of July (Monday and Tuesday afternoon).